My name is Anna and I have a degree in Recreation and Health Education. I have always had a huge passion for health and wellness and live by these words through healthy eating and staying active. I also teach fitness classes, personal train, and work with individuals to get their eating on track.

When I was younger I used to think I was very healthy because I ate well and exercised but at the other end of the spectrum I have insomnia and ADHD and have a very difficult time just being still so do I really encompass an overall healthy life style? Absolutely not!

I have been told times and times again to meditate before bed as a method to calm my body but as an individual who needs to release energy and continually be moving this sleep strategy has never worked or has it stuck. Why do something that is supposed to de-stress you when it ends up stressing you out more?

For my inquiry project, I would like to explore 11 different meditation practises and I will consistently work on the same one for a week and will reflect on my experiences. I hope by doing this inquiry I find more about the practise of meditation and if I can take any benefits from it. I haven’t successfully experienced anything positive from meditation in the past so I am hoping that by looking at different strategies (especially the ones requiring movement) than I may reap some benefits.