My fiancé sitting by the fire

This past week I sat by the fire Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Although I can’t use my sense of touch, I dove in to what I felt. This week I really wanted to focus on the warmth of the fire and how good it felt on my body. For an individual like myself who is aways cold, there is nothing more comforting than something warm. Not only is the warmth from the flames comforting but it is also calming. On Thursday it started to rain a bit which made the fire even more of a lovely experience. In terms of sleep I didn’t see any significant changes.

I feel like my inquiry is full circle because at the beginning I wanted to explore various meditation and mindfulness techniques but found it to challenging and I had no motivation to do it. Now that I am sitting by the fire 3 x a week I am getting more mindfulness in those three nights than I have in my life time. The fire is magical:)

I was talking to one of my classmates about how one can sit by the fire all day and that if threes a fire ban going on and you’re camping, what are you supposed to do all day?

Next week I will focus on the sight of the fire!